Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Library Book Haul!



So I went to the library this weekend because a bunch of books came in that I had requested! I've been waiting quite awhile for some of these! If you click on the title and author of each book it will take you to its goodreads page! Enjoy!


I've been meaning to read this book for quite some time now. I read the free sample on my kindle but never got around to purchasing the whole thing. I'm really glad that the library had it! Judging from the blurb I'd say it could classified as science fiction, I won't be sure if it falls into the dystopian category until I read it! Also there seems to be some romance involved, a forbidden love perhaps? From the sample I read on my kindle I know that the book is told in dual point of views in the third person. I have a hard time connecting to characters when a book is told in the third person but I'm hopeful that this book will be different.


I'm actually reading this now! I read her first book Cruel Beauty last year and really loved it. I'm enjoying this book as well. It was a bit confusing in the beginning but I found to be confused in Cruel Beauty as well. But you always have a moment 50 pages in or so where you finally go "Ahhh now I understand." Anyway, this book is about a girl, Rachelle, who three years ago was a normal human that was studying to be a healer and charms maker. However, one day she is persuaded by a man to stray from her path and this leads to her life being drastically changed. She is now what people called "bloodhound" and no longer human. She considers herself to be evil and her only hope in atoning for her wickedness is to save the kingdom from the forestborn that are gathering more and more power. It sounds a bit confusing but it's very well written and different from other YA fantasy out at the moment. 


I actually finished this book yesterday! You can read my full review here! I thought it was good. Some parts were pretty powerful to read and I had to put the book down to absorb everything that was going on. The basic premise of the book is that the narrator, Lex, is dealing with the sudden death of her brother, Ty. He died by suicide and throughout the book Lex is trying to piece together the reasons why her brother did this and trying to battle her own guilt over the situation. I loved Hand's writing, she told the story in a way that left me very emotional and also just very sad. Definitely would recommend.


This book came out this past March and after seeing many of my goodreads friends add it to their TBR I was intrigued. The book is YA and seems to be a mixture of the contemporary and science fiction genres. It tells the story of 4 teenagers who come together after an asteroid hits the Earth. To me it sounds like a modern day "Breakfast Club" remake but instead of being stuck in a classroom these teenagers are stuck in the end of the world. I'm really excited to read this!


The past few times I've been to Barnes and Noble I've seen this book and really wanted to buy it. But I knew the library would have it and decided to wait! This is a YA contemporary that tells the story of a girl named Mim who moves to from her home in Ohio with her mother to Mississippi to live with her father. However, once Mim arrives in Mississippi she realizes that she hates it there and wants to go back home to her mother. The book chronicles her journey back to her home and what she learns on the way. This sounds like the perfect summer read! I love reading books that have to do with a road trip and self-discovery in the summer. I'll probably be reading this very soon! 


Fact: I have never read a book by Holly Black. But I am very hopeful that this will change! Everyone on goodreads LOVES her books so I'm sure I'll soon understand everyone's love for her books as well. This is her newest book, which came out in the beginning of this year. It sounds like a classic fantasy with fairy tale elements as well. It's about a girl named Hazel and her brother Ben and their role in their town where they live side by side with the Fae. I'm really excited to read this because I love ALL stories that have to do with faeries. This is a stand-alone not a series so that will be interesting as well. Can't wait to give this a try! 


This is ANOTHER book that I kept wanting to buy at Barnes and Noble! It sounds so good and I absolutely love the cover. The blurb of this book really grabs you, at least it did for me. The book centers around a girl named Liz Emerson who everyone thinks is perfect but is not. However, the book is told in another person's perspective about Liz. Mental illness is a big part of this book and I'm really looking forward to starting it soon.


This book also came out in the beginning of the year and I've really been looking forward to reading it! There are four linked stories told within this book and they each happen over different periods of time. History seems to play a big role in this book and I am super excited because of this! Different time periods are so interesting especially when they can be connected to one another. I'm really hoping this lives up to my expectations! 

Well there's my library bookaul! Hope you enjoyed it! 

-Whitney :)

No comments:

Post a Comment