Monday, June 22, 2015

Classics Book Tag

An overhyped classic you didn’t really like.

1984 by George Orwell. I absolutely despise this book, which surprises most people when I tell them. I read this in my senior of high school and I just did not enjoy it. It was just depressing and it really just didn't have an impact on me like it did with most people. Whenever I think about 1984 I think of the RATS. That's all I can picture because we watched some of the movie in my class as well. And there's a scene where the rats are eating a person and I just could not handle that. ANYWAY, I just really didn't like this book but maybe I just need to give it a reread...


Favorite time period to read about

I LOVE THE VICTORIANS. If I had to pick my favorite time period to read about other than modern day it would have to be the Victorian Age. I just took an english class focusing on it and the literature that we read was just wonderful.


Favorite fairy tale

Surprisingly, my favorite fairy tale would have to be Rapunzel. I had to write a paper about it once and that caused me to really dig deeper into the story and find some meaning to it that I had never really noticed.


What is the most embarrassing classic you haven’t read?

To Kill A Mockingbird. Everyone tells me I need to read this because they know I'll love it. We didn't read this in high school so I've just never gotten around to it. I think I definitely try to give it a read this summer.

Top 5 classics you would like to read soon

To Kill A Mockingbird, The Bell Jar, Villette, East of Eden, and Fahrenheit 451.


Favorite modern book/series based on a classic

Not sure about this one....


Favorite movie version/tv-series based on a classic

JANE EYRE. The newest film adaptation they made. It was wonderful, I can watch that film over and over again.


Worst classic to movie adaption

Probably The Scarlet Letter (the one with Demi Moore). Honestly, it was like the director didn't even read the book.


An underhyped classic you’d recommend to everyone

Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates? That seems under hyped, no one really talks about it. If that's not too under hyped then another one could be F. Scott Fitzgerald's short story "Babylon Revisited." I read that a couple of years ago and I always find myself thinking about it from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment