Thursday, December 24, 2015

My Holiday Book Tag 2015

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas everyone! I can't believe it is already Christmas eve night! I hope you all are enjoying the holidays with your family and loved ones! I've been able to spend time with one of my sisters today and it has been one of the best days I've had in awhile. I think that this is what Christmas is all about: spending time with those that you love, especially people that you don't get to see as often. All throughout the day I started to think of some of my favorite books to read around the holiday season and I wanted to share them with you! This is my Holiday Book Tag 2015!

1. Pick a book that makes you think of the holidays.

Harry Potter all the way!  Even the movies are something I always watch around Christmas time. The Harry Potter series is something that gives you all these warm and fuzzy feelings. It just feels like home to me. You can always go back to it and never be bored. I tend to pick up and read at least one of the books in series around the holidays.

2. Pick a book that you'd give as a gift.
That's a tough one. But I'd probably give either I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson as a gift or Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. Both of these books are just wonderful and I think everyone would  enjoy! Also any book by Rainbow Rowell is a good gift as well! 








3. Pick a book you want this Christmas.

I asked for A LOT of books this Christmas. But one of the main ones that I really really want is the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Illustrated Edition . This actually came out in October but I decided to wait until Christmas to ask for it. IT IS BEAUTIFUL. Whenever I go to Barnes and Noble I always grab a copy and flip through the pages. I can't wait to eventually get my hands on it. If I had to choose a book that is non-Harry Potter it would have to be the Poison Study series by Maria V. Snyder. I read the first book, Poison Study, more than a year ago and I never got around to reading all of the other books in the series! But I really enjoyed it so I'm hoping I get the next book! http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51d4yFcvsLL.jpg

4. Pick a book that takes place in the winter or has a winter setting.

This is a tough one but out of all the books that I have read I think of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis. This is just a classic winter tale that I will always love. Although at some point the setting does change to spring, I still will always think of winter. 

5. Pick a holiday themed book.

The first holiday themed book I read was Let it Snow which includes stories by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle. I read it way back when I was in middle school but the stories have always stuck with me. I like to reread them around the holidays. Another more recent holiday themed book that came out recently is My True Love Gave to Me: 12 Holiday Stories edited by Stephanie Perkins. A bunch of authors came together to write some pretty terrific holiday stories that I think everyone can enjoy! 

6. Pick a book that you got during the holidays one year and loved. 

Before I was really into regular books, I read a lot of comics. Especially, Archie comics. One year my parents got me the special edition of the Archie Marries... story. I loved this book with a passion and still do. Even though I rarely read my Archie comics anymore this specific book and all the others book my parents got me have a special place in my heart.


Well that's it for my tag! I hope you liked it and you guys use it on your own blogs! Happy Holidays everyone! 

~~~Love, Whitney




No comments:

Post a Comment