Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October Releases!

Since it's the first day of October, I thought it would be great to talk about some of the upcoming book releases this month that I am most excited for! Clicking on the title will bring you to each book's Goodreads page! Let me know what books your excited for this month! :)

In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
Release date: October 28th
This is the final book in The Darkest Minds Trilogy! I read the first two books way back in December/January and they are amazing! Seriously, this series leaves you speechless at times. The genre is mostly science fiction/dystopia with some hints of the paranormal. I definitely recommend reading it. It's a survivor story which I love and the characters really grow as the story progresses. Alexandra Bracken's writing is beautiful and you should definitely check this series out if you haven't yet! I am sad that it's coming to an end though! :(

Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios
Release date: October 7th
This book finally comes out next Tuesday!! I first found this book on Goodreads in May and I was instantly interested in the story. It sounds so different from everything else out there, which always makes me happy! From what I can gather from the blurb on Goodreads, it's about a girl named Nalia who has been enslaved and forced to stay in a bottle and grant wishes. Nalia wants to gain control of her freedom and escape the bottle and her master. But the only way to do that is to convince her master that she is in love with him. Yeah, yeah it might sound like a sappy romance with fantasy mixed in but I have a good feeling about this one. It was also based of Arabian Nights so if that doesn't get you excited, I don't know what will!

Chaos by Sarah Fine
Release date: October 7th
This is is the final book (I think) in The Guards of the Shadowland series. Not a lot of people know about this series, which is hard to believe. I really want people to read it! The whole series deals with the afterworld and where a person is sent after they die. The story is told in the perspective of Lela who's best friend killed herself in the first book Sanctum. Lela has some sort of connection with the afterworld and can see and experience the afterworld through her dreams. In one dream, Lela realizes Nadia is in trouble and because of this Lela decides to save her. I won't give anything else away but it really is a great series. And then there's Malachi.....you'll fall in love with him!

Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
Release date: October 7th
Did you read the Hush, Hush series? Well, if you didn't go check it out! But just to warn you, it's not everyone's cup of tea! Anyway, this is Becca Fitzpatrick's new book, the same author who wrote Hush, Hush! I'm not sure if this is going to be a series or a stand alone. I want to say it's going to be a series because from the blurb it seems like there could more to this story. Anyway, I don't really know the real premise of the book. Yes, I read the blurb and all that but I feel like a lot was left unsaid which really interests me. I think it's supposed to be a mix of a mystery with survivor aspects as well. I can't wait for this one! Oh and there's a giveaway on Goodreads for a copy of this book! You can find the giveaway here, it ends on October 6th!

Snow Like Ashes by Sarah Raasch
Release date: October 14th
I'm pretty sure everyone on Goodreads is pumped for this book. It sounds a bit like the Throne of Glass series but unique in it's own way. Definitely, sounds like a book with a strong female character so I can't wait for that! I really hope it lives up to all our expectations! I have a feeling it will!

Well, I think that's it! These are the book releases I'm looking forward to the most this month! I hope at least one of them sparked your interest! Let me know what you can't wait to read this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment