Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Book Haul!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I know I certainly did and I am very grateful for my family and friends that made it great! So for Christmas I received a lot of books. Probably too many in my parent's opinion but in MY opinion you can never have enough books! So here is my Christmas book haul! Enjoy!
I've read both Fangirl and Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell and absolutely loved both of them. This book is an adult book rather than young adult like Rowell's previous books I've read by her but I know I'll love it anyway. I don't know much about the plot except the little blurb on goodreads but I do know it's a love story. Can't wait to read it!

I know the holidays are mostly over but I could read a bunch of holiday short stories any day. Especially, when the authors of said stories include Rainbow Rowell, Gayle Forman, David Levithan, and a bunch of others! I'll probably start this as soon as I'm finished with the book I'm reading now! 

I've wanted to read this ever since I saw the trailer of the book, which you can see here. Usually, I never watch book trailers because they're cheesy most of the time and they make me not really want to read the book. But then I pick up the book anyway and realize the book is good and the trailer just sucked. HOWEVER, I was watching one of polandbananasbooks book haul videos and she mentioned this book and its trailer. So I looked it up and I was instantly pulled in. So go watch the trailer and then look up the book because you will instantly want to read it after seeing the trailer. I just hope the book lives up to the trailer because if not I will be very disappointed. The basic premise of the book is that it's about computer hacking and some other stuff. It's definitely a mystery/thriller that I can't wait to read.

I have seen and heard nothing but amazing reviews of this book since it came out. I've never read anything by Jandy Nelson before. I purchased The Sky is Everywhere at a book sale in the summer but I still haven't gotten the chance to read it. I suppose I haven't been in the mood for a contemporary. However, I'll Give You the Sun sounds like a really interesting story that I am 100% sure that I will enjoy. It's a YA contemporary and I definitely will be reading it soon. Also I am obsessed with the cover of this book. 

I can never get enough of the Cassandra Clare's shadowhunter world. People complain that she doesn't know how to write anything besides this world. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT? Her writing is fantastic and her stories are amazing. I haven't been this invested in a world like this since Harry Potter. This specific books chronicles the life of Magnus Bane through eleven short stories. I don't really know who are or what the stories are about except they involve Magnus. I really wanted the to surprise myself with who is in the stories. Some Herondales perhaps? Blackthorns? Lightwoods? I CAN'T WAIT.

This is the newest book by Rainbow Rowell. It's another adult contemporary/romance that I'm sure I'll enjoy. It actually won the Goodreads Choice Award for best fiction this year. I'll be reading this soon!

This book just came out in June and I am so excited to read it. I've always been fascinated by the Russian Revolution and the turmoil that surrounded it. The daughters of Tsar Nicholas and Alexandra have always been interesting to me as well. This book also won the Goodreads Choice Award in best history and biography this year so it must be good!

I have always loved learning about the presidents. For some reason when I was little I was obsessed with them and for every christmas or birthday I'd receive a book or something that had to do with the U.S. Presidents. But soon that obsession faded and I got into different parts of history. Anyway, next semester I'll be taking a history class on U.S. Presidents and my mom thought it would be a good idea to get me this book to brush up on my facts. I already started reading it and can't believe some of the stuff I'm learning.

That's it! There is my Christmas book haul! I hope some of these books caught your attention! Happy Holidays friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment